Careers and Employability
Here at The Wells Academy we aim to set our students on their personal Mission to Greatness. Every member of The Wells Academy community has a clear purpose to empower every young person on their journey.
In this section you will find all information related to Careers and Employability, including an outline of our careers strategy, our provider access policy statement and useful contacts at the academy.
Please navigate this section using the side-bar.
Assessing Our Careers & Employability Programme
As a new academy, The Wells Academy does not have any previous data to report on to assess our Careers & Employability programme. As such, this is how we intend to use data and feedback from 2020-21 to assess the effectiveness of our programme:
- Recording all careers-related student activities using Compass+, producing a yearly report generated evaluating our effectiveness against Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Feedback on our Careers & Employability programme from staff, students, parents and external providers.
- Analysis of Y11 destinations, particularly striving for 0% NEET (students not in education, employment or training).
- Participation in events with our external partners, such as Futures, ThinkForward, DANCOP, ASK and IntoUniversity.
- Participation in our alumni programme, which is currently being established using our Y11 cohort in 2020-21.
- The partnership with the GAT Careers team through Sian Gresswell and Rachel Mackenzie who offer valuable advice and support to enable our team to meet the CEIAG statutory requirements in the form of the Gatsby Benchmarks.
Annual review of the Careers & Employability programme and information contained within this section of the website will next take place in September 2021.