All pupils at The Wells Academy have access to a broad and balanced curriculum. The Academy has a comprehensive intake, taking pupils of all abilities.
Key features of our curriculum include:
- A strong focus in all years on the development of high level literacy and numeracy skills and on the creative use of computer technology
- Accelerated learning to ensure all pupils are kept interested and fully involved in their education
- A major focus on ensuring excellent examination results, especially at GCSE and A level.
- Access for all secondary pupils to a wide range of both academic and vocational courses to study to GCSE and A level, or their equivalent
- Access to a wide range of cultural, sporting and outdoor pursuits activities
- Access to high quality work experience opportunities
In Years 9, 10 and 11, pupils are able to select some of the courses they wish to pursue. They will continue with key subjects from earlier years but will also be able to choose new/optional courses, typically including GCSEs and high quality vocational subjects.
At Post-16 we offer a growing range of A Level and high quality vocational courses. We also offer students the chance to resit GCSE English and mathematics, where appropriate.